Tuesday, May 8, 2012

90's TV -- The Always Funnie 1 vs. 8 Round

Yesterday's Results

Scooby Doo d. Land of the Lost (15-5)

Looks like we all rather see G-G-G-GHOSTS than people getting attacked by T-Rex's on a children's show. Not too surprising considering the stoners that voted yesterday.

Legends of the Hidden Temple d. Guts (13-8)

I was expecting Hidden Temple to win this one but man I thought it would be closer. LotHT led pretty much the whole way. Funny considering that no one that voted would stand a chance in the Hidden Temple and most would shit themselves upon getting caught by the Temple Guards. But still, Olmek and his fans have spoken.

Clarissa Explains It All d. All That (15-5)

Not even close. Clarissa shows us who really is all that. Oh and for the guys that voted, I'm impressed most of you admit to watching Clarissa Explains It All to begin with.

Full House d. Sabrina the Teenage Witch (18-3)

Melissa Joan Hart learns the hard way that she can't win them all. Full House trounces Sabrina, proving that there is still a place in all our hearts for cheesy family shows. Anyone remember the episode where Michelle got amnesia? That was hilarious.

Dinosaurs d. Hang Time (16-5)

The Dinosaurs throw their weight around and convincingly take out Hang Time. I guess no one bought into the idea of a girl playing on the guys basketball team. Even if Anthony Anderson was on the team too.

Today, we're tackling the 1-8 match ups. Most of these should be lay up choices but like I said, this tournament has a lot of meat on it, so nothing can be taken for granted.

Nicktoons Bracket

(1) Doug vs. (8) Angry Beavers


Doug

The overall #1 seed. We all grow up on Doug and his friends of ambiguous race and his neighbor with debilitating downs syndrome. What isn't to love about Doug? From the crazy adults, his much cooler best friend, his dog that was smarter than anyone else to the dimepiece Patty Mayonaise and dickhead Roger Klotz. Doug really defined all our childhoods. I could go on and on but I don't need to. Doug speaks for itself.


Angry Beavers

No, this isn't a show about man hating lesbians. It's a Nick Toon about... actually I don't remember this show much at all. I recognize the name and I remember the show but don't recall much else. I think it may have been just past our prime.






Saturday Morning Bracket

(1) X-Men vs. (8) Scooby Doo

X-Men

Ahhh, X-Men. The one can't miss Saturday morning show. And one of the few that still really holds up. Not only was X-Men completely bad ass but it actually had a great on going story that really wasn't just for kids. Who is everyone's favorite X-Men? There were a bunch that liked Cyclops but he was a pussy. Wolverine was too mainstream. My man was Gambit. Dude was a bad ass mother fucker.





Nickelodeon Bracket

(1) Salute Your Shorts vs. (8) The Secret World of Alex Mack

Salute Your Shorts

My personal favorite. As crazy as it sounds there were only like 30 episodes of this show made but they were all pretty sweet. My favorite was the Zeke the Plumber episode, you know what I'm talking about. It also featured the real life Roger Klotz... Bobby Budnick. He was the man.



The Secret World of Alex Mack

This was tough to put as a #8 seed because I enjoyed it a lot. Alex Mack was the teenager that got contaminated with some shit and developed these cool super powers. She has to hide these powers because if she doesn't, the jackasses that work for the company that contaminated her would experiment on her. I don't remember many episodes of this one. I do remember the star, Larisa Oleynik, blossoming into a hottie in 10 Things I Hate About You but now she's just disappointing us all in Mad Men.







TGIF Bracket

Boy Meets World

Just as easily could have been the overall #1 seed. Probably as close to the live action Doug as you can get. No need to go into a description of the show, you've all seen it. The more reruns I catch of this on ABC Family the more I think Eric Mathews is the man. So much cooler than anyone else on that show, that includes your resident alcoholic, Shawn Hunter.



Hanging with Mr. Cooper

I honestly don't remember much about the relatively short lived Hanging with Mr. Coooooooper. I do remember that it took place in Oakland and they somehow made the city look 'not hideous'. I also remember it having a pretty snug spot on TGIF.






No comments: