Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Fresh 2 vs. 7 Round

Yesterday's Results

Doug d. Angry Beavers (41-1)

The only real surprise... who voted for Angry Beavers?

Salute Your Shorts d. Alex Mack (36-7)

I expected more of a showing from Mack Attack here. I guess no one wanted super secret special powers growing up?

X-Men d. Scooby Doo (24-20)

You have one of these every round. One that ended up being closer than expected. Maybe I jumped the gun calling Scooby Doo an 8 seed but here we are. Scooby Doo? More like Scooby Don't (I thought of that one all by myself).

Boy Meets World d. Hanging with Mr. Cooper (38-7)

More of a showing than I expected from the Coop man but Cory and the gang proved to just be too much.

Today we hit up the 2 v. 7 round. A couple of classics show up today and the match ups could be pretty tight.

NickToons Bracket

(2) Rugrats vs. (7) CatDog


Rugrats

As far as most are concerned there are only two great Nick Toons. Doug and Rugrats. Rugrats followed the zany adventures of 5 infants and 1, extremely bitchy, toddler. Tommy Pickle was the leader and always came out on top in the end and we loved every minute of it.



Catdog

Another one I barely remember but I do remember liking this one. This is the one about the cat and dog that are somehow siamese twins. It probably took place in a post-nuclear attack Japan, I can't see any other way that such a creature could exist. 






Saturday Morning Cartoons Bracket

(2) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles vs. (7) Goosebumps

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

My personal favorite. The Ninja Turtles were some cool sons of bitches. We all know their deal and like the Power Rangers the TMNT were kind of a big deal. They spawned 3 movies in our younger days (although I only saw the first 2, I still have yet to see the 3rd one because it looked like such horseshit), there was an animated re imagination just a few years ago and we're just a few years away from a Michael Bay version. Great stuff. This is for the cartoon version though that we used to watch on Saturday Mornings. Man that got me craving some pizza. 




Goosebumps

Weren't we all afraid of the things that go bump in the night? Anyone have parents that didn't allow them to watch this? Mine did because apparently they just didn't care about my well being. How about those books though? I bet a good 50% of us voters read a shit ton of Goosebumps.





Nickelodeon Bracket

(2)Are You Afraid of the Dark? vs. (7) Clarissa Explains it All

Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Ok, ok... full disclosure: "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" scared the shit out of me as a kid (probably now too). But I loved this show and I always wanted to be part of the Midnight Society. How many people got freaked out just by the opening credits?



Clarissa Explains It All

After a nice showing in the play in round, let's see if Clarissa can Explain to us why she's better than the Midnight Society.



TGIF and Everything Else Bracket

(2) Fresh Prince of Bel-Air vs. (7) Dinosaurs

Fresh Prince of Bel Air

There is nothing to say about this show. It was bar-none the funniest show on tv when it aired. You want proof?



Dinosaurs

Dinosaurs had a solid showing taking out Hang Time in the play in round. I honestly underestimated the love for the giant monsters. Let's see how it fairs against much tougher competition.


No comments: