Tuesday, March 20, 2012

March Cereal Madness

Yes, I know that almost everything from TV characters to foreign currencies has been played out in tournament form this month. But why try to be original when ranking things in bracket form is so damned fun? Long story short, I was thinking about cereal last night (I'll leave you to judge what my state of mind was at the time) and this being March, the exact wording of my thought was "Man, Cinnamon Toast Crunch has got to be the overall top seed." It took me less than one second to decide to take off running with this (brilliant?) idea. With the help of my boy Kam, brackets were drawn up, and meticulously and pointlessly analyzed, and speculations were speculated -- absolutely no different from the NCAA Basketball Tournament.

Let's get down to kibbles and bits: every day on Hitting the Flow we will be posting several polls pitting flake against loop and puff against pebble. We are going to really milk this concept (see what I did there?). To deal effectively with a low vote projection, any ties will go to the better seeded cereal.

Note: Some might say posting a long series of polls is "retarded" when readership numbers are probably lower than 5, and several of my close friends are far too lazy to ever read these words, but we're going to see how this works.











No comments: