Thursday, January 19, 2012

February Movie List Part II

Continuing right where I left off yesterday...

Rampart

Release Date: February 10

What you need to know: Woody Harrelson doesn't get nearly enough credit for being the man.

Synopsis: Set in 1999 Los Angeles, veteran police officer Dave Brown, the last of the renegade cops, works to take care of his family, and struggles for his own survival.


My thoughts: This isn't your typical bad ass cop keeps doing the right thing movie. This is a bad ass drama about a corrupt, piece of shit cop. Apparently this movie is 99% Woody which means for sure this movie will be good.

Verdict: Yeah we have a director/writer that hasn't done much of anything his career but I'm still giving this the MUST SEE label. The trailer makes this movie look bad ass. Might be the best of the month.

Wanderlust

Release Date: February 24

What you need to know: Jennifer Aniston lives in a nudist colony

Synopsis: Rattled by sudden unemployment, a Manhattan couple surveys alternative living options, ultimately deciding to experiment with living on a rural commune where free love rules.


My Thoughts: This one has potential. As far as previews go this one is hitting on all cylinders. We have the writer that brought us Wet Hot American Summer and Role Models. We have a group of likable players in Paul Rudd, Ken Marino and Malin Ackerman. I'm not a big Jennifer Aniston guy but I don't dislike her (she's still hot though, respect). And we have a funny trailer. Based on all that I'm gonna go ahead and say that this will be up to Role Models level but lets hope it's not another Couples Retreat.

Verdict: I have a good feeling about this one. I'm a big Paul Rudd fan, you can always count on him to be funny. I'm going to give this the MUST SEE. Maybe not a run to the theater on opening night type flick but one that we all will end up checking out eventually.

Act of Valor

Release Date: February 24

What you need to know: Call of Duty: The Movie

Synopsis: An elite team of Navy SEALs embark on a covert mission to recover a kidnapped CIA agent.


My thoughts: Simple story it seems but the cool part of this is that it's based on real NAVY SEALS missions and the actors in the movie play real NAVY SEALS. Trailer looks pretty bad ass too.

Verdict: I really can't tell with this one. It certainly looks like it can be good but these military movies have been 50/50 lately. This is a WAIT for reviews.

The Rest...

The Innkeepers


Verdict: PASS

W.E.


Verdict: PASS. If I ever see a movie directed by Madonna, feel free to kill me on the spot.

The Vow


Verdict: PASS. If you're going to see a date movie this month, make it Wanderlust.

Star Wars: Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

Verdict: PASS. I'm a Star Wars guy and I'm a 3D guy. But this movie was terrible, I don't know if I can sit through it again.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengence


Verdict: Give me a fucking break. PASS.

This Means War


Verdict: Might not be horrible. HBO.

The Secret World of Arriety


Verdict: The trailer fucking creeps me out but I bet this one will be pretty good. RENTAL.

Good Deeds


Verdict: A must see for all my black friends. PASS for the rest of us.

Gone


Verdict: Amanda Seyfried has great tits. The movie looks like shit though. PASS.






No comments: